Friday, January 18, 2008

I Found My Stalker!

Okay, so I met a new friend today, picked up her adorable boutique , Avannabel Baby (You must check it out!!) and she even read my blog! YAY! She also emailed me about my um, stalker, situation. Can you believe she had the same exact stalker from Reston, VA and Rancho Cucamongo, CA?! I mean what are the chances? The exact same one I tell ya.

Apparently lots of folks out there have the same exact stalker. Her name is AOL (as in America On Line). Jennifer informed me that after months of stalking, she could take it no longer and did some research. She found out what I was never able to find in all my searching. She found out what StatCounter should have told us when we added their little program to our websites.

AOL uses a bunch of routing bases for their users. I don’t know why and it amazes me that people even still use AOL. Now granted I haven’t been on the AOL site in ages, but the internet has come a long way since I first started using it. Email has become the number one form of communication. And without my DSL and wireless network, I wouldn’t be able to tolerate a dial up connection.

Like I said, I haven’t been on their site in years, so I’m not trying to bash them for their services, but they really need to do something about their routing. I mean for pete’s sake, we can’t tell where our viewers are coming from. We can’t sleep at night, thinking about that damn stalker that won’t quit checking out all our stuff. We walk around in a panic waiting for some knock off to come along and copy our stuff, steal our customers and put us out of business.

Alright, so that’s an exaggeration, but I have to admit it did give me quite a few sleepless nights. I did spend a lot of time searching for ceramic artists in Reston, VA on google and Yahoo. I did save and archive all those visits, in the event I had to take her to court one day. ( I know, call me paranoid, go ahead)




Stress Monster courtesy of Jamie Risdon Lentzner

My BFF has already called me paranoid and got a good laugh out of it today, which is a good thing I guess since she had a stressful day. I’m glad I could cheer her up. Anything for you grasshopper. But tell your husband the Analytics guy, to give me a heads up next time!! I even got a good little chuckle out of it myself and didn't feel quite so dumb, since I wasn't the only one being paranoid.

Now I have to go delete all those saved searches from my hard drive. Yippeeeeeee!


Thanks Jennifer for the heads up! And Boooooooo to AOL and StatCounter for not having a disclaimer somewhere. That’s Messed Up!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh you owe me big time for borrowing the stress monster, did you not know he was MINE for the day? Glad to know that "stalker" in Virginia is not real...whew, that Thelma & Louise trip to find her was so waying on me! Thanks for the "shout out" to your BFF....take care, and yes you are paranoid - but I love ya that way!

Jamie R Lentzner
www.jamiespnd.om
www.jpd.typepad.com

Anonymous said...

Hey London, Congrats on your new store. I can see your designs fitting in beautifully on her site.
Smiles.. julie

London E said...

Hey Thelma, I'm giving your stress monster exposure and I gave you credit! My Licensing fee is 6%. LOL! bummer on the trip, it could have been fun!

London E said...

Thanks Julie, her site is very cute and she's super sweet.

jennifer said...

Awwww...thanks, London! All the nice thoughts were so sweet and kind. I am so glad you can sleep again:) I am back in town and so excited to add your absolutely adorable product line! I look forward to a long partnership.

London E said...

Awww, geee! Makin me blush. Me too Jennifer, can't wait. Thanks